Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nation Builder - Now with ramps!


I have made extensive modifications to the texture generator. It can now create images for ramps and also contains multiple procedural shape generators.

Unfortunately, the ramps still look a bit cliff-like. A have some ideas that I can still try out, though.

The generator used to create the 'rock' texture that I use in the image above is based on a variant of the fault-lines method, but adapted to be tiling and three-dimensional.

I also have a 'sand' texture, using the same algorithm, and 'glass' and 'crystaline' textures generated with an algorithm based on Voronoi methods.

The next task is to create a mouse cursor and to allow the user to interact with the terrain. This will allow me to enable the user to designate digging areas and similar orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment