Friday, January 7, 2011

Fun System


During the Christmas season, I have finally gotten around to doing some top-down design for Galactic Throne. I have gotten a good overview of how to make the combat, science and espionage into fun activities, but I still need to do more work on exploration and economics.

I have started developing again, hoping to focus on getting moving fleets and working planets in, but that has to wait until those last two parts of the top-down design are done.

So, I am experimenting with the map generator a bit. I have managed to make it arrange the stars such that the names no longer overlap the other stars or their names. In the process of testing it, I discovered the Fun system (pictured.) Clearly the name was generated by the random generator.

Hopefully with some more design I can make the game as fun as that solar system. :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment